Many women following breast cancer will require either a partial or full mastectomy. A mastectomy is the removal of the whole breast (or as much breast tissue as possible). This can have a major psychological effect on a woman and seriously impact her quality of life. Reconstruction of the breast can be done at the same...Read more
About: Profile Perfectionist
Recent Posts by Profile Perfectionist
Skin cancer occurs when skin cells are damaged, for example, by overexposure to ultraviolet (UV) radiation from the sun. Every year, in Australia:Read more
- Skin cancers account for around 80% of all newly diagnosed cancers.
- Between 95 and 99% of skin cancers are caused by exposure to the sun
- GPs have over 1 million patient consultations per year for skin...
Undergoing cancer treatment requires stamina, patience, courage and hope. Once patients make their way from diagnosis to hearing that they are cancer-free, they are eager to return to their ordinary lives. Part of that return may involve undergoing reconstructive surgery at the site where cancerous tumors were removed. Other patients who have had benign tumors removed...Read more
While there are no medical or surgical method that can remove a scar completely, there are surgical techniques that may be used to treat problematic scars. Scars may become a problem when they:
Living with scars?
- Alter a person’s appearance, making them feel less attractive or self-conscious
- Impair movement or mobility
- Cause pain
- Cause intense itching and...
Recent Comments by Profile Perfectionist
No comments by Profile Perfectionist yet.